(1) A port may own, acquire, construct, operate, improve and maintain pipelines and related facilities for the transportation of products and materials that promote the maritime shipping, aviation and commercial interests of the port.
(2) A port may enter into connection and other agreements with entities owning or operating pipelines and related facilities as may assist the port with regard to its authority described in this section.
(3) A port may acquire by purchase, gift or the exercise of the power of eminent domain rights of way for the placement of pipelines and related facilities.
(4) This section does not grant any additional authority to a port to own, purchase or sell the products and materials carried within the pipelines, but only grants authority over pipelines and related facilities used for transportation purposes.
(5) Except as otherwise specifically authorized by law, this section does not authorize a port to exercise authority over natural gas pipelines and related facilities, the transportation of natural gas or the acquisition of natural gas pipeline rights of way. [1991 c.367 §2]Section: Previous 777.258 777.260 777.262 777.265 777.267 777.270 777.272 777.273 777.275 777.277 777.279 777.280 777.282 777.284 777.285 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008