As used in ORS 777.277 to 777.287:
(1) “Channel Deepening Account” means the account in the Marine Navigation Improvement Fund created by ORS 777.282.
(2) “Channel Deepening Debt Service Account” means the account in the Marine Navigation Improvement Fund created by ORS 777.282.
(3) “Channel deepening project” means a project to deepen the deep draft Columbia River navigation channel from an authorized depth of 40 feet.
(4) “Department” means the Economic and Community Development Department.
(5) “Director” means the Director of the Economic and Community Development Department.
(6) “Grant agreement” means the grant agreement described in ORS 777.284.
(7) “Oregon nonfederal share” means that portion of the cost of the channel deepening project that is allocable to the Oregon sponsors and that is not paid by the federal government, the State of Washington or the Washington sponsors.
(8) “Oregon sponsors” means the Port of St. Helens, the Port of Portland or any agency acting on behalf of the government of the State of Oregon as a financial contributor to the channel deepening project.
(9) “Primary sponsor” means the Port of Portland as representative of the Oregon sponsors.
(10) “Project cooperation agreement” means a written agreement between the United States Government and a nonfederal sponsor that requires the United States Government to construct, and the nonfederal sponsor to share in the cost of, a project authorized under the Water Resources Development Act or a similar Act of the United States Congress.
(11) “Washington sponsors” means the Port of Vancouver, the Port of Kalama, the Port of Woodland, the Port of Longview or any agency acting on behalf of the government of the State of Washington as a financial contributor to the channel deepening project. [1997 c.644 §1; 1997 c.612 §16; 2002 s.s.3 c.6 §20; 2003 c.741 §14]
Note: 777.277 to 777.287 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 777 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 777.262 777.265 777.267 777.270 777.272 777.273 777.275 777.277 777.279 777.280 777.282 777.284 777.285 777.287 777.289 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008