The Department of Transportation shall design a certificate of title for vehicles for situations in which the department determines that certificates will be issued. A certificate of title issued by the department shall conform to all of the following:
(1) The certificate shall be numbered in a manner prescribed by the department.
(2) The certificate shall contain a description of the vehicle.
(3) The certificate shall contain evidence of identification of the vehicle the department deems proper.
(4) The certificate shall contain the name of the owner of the vehicle.
(5) The certificate shall identify any security interest holders in the order of their priority. This subsection does not apply to the security interests where the debtor who granted the security interest is in the business of selling vehicles and the vehicle constitutes inventory held for sale or lease.
(6) The certificate shall identify any lessor of the vehicle.
(7) The certificate shall be authenticated by a seal of the State of Oregon printed on the certificate.
(8) The certificate shall have space to fill in information required by the department upon the transfer of a vehicle under ORS 803.094 and space for the odometer disclosure required on transfer of an interest under ORS 803.102.
(9) If the vehicle is an assembled vehicle, the certificate shall:
(a) Show the make of the vehicle as “assembled.”
(b) Show the year the building of the vehicle is completed as the year model of the vehicle.
(10) The certificate shall show the mileage of the vehicle as reported to the department at the time the most recent title transfer was reported to the department, or the mileage reported to the department at the time the vehicle was initially titled in Oregon, whichever occurred last. The information required by this subsection shall be shown as reported to the department on odometer disclosure reports required by law to be submitted to the department.
(11) The certificate shall contain any brand or notation specified by the department by rule.
(12) The certificate shall contain any other information required by the department.
(13) The certificate shall be produced by a secure process that meets or exceeds the requirements of federal law. [1983 c.338 §175; 1985 c.16 §58; 1985 c.251 §14; 1985 c.253 §1; 1985 c.402 §6; 1987 c.127 §1; 1989 c.148 §8; 1991 c.820 §9; 1991 c.873 §7; 1993 c.233 §14; 2001 c.293 §1; 2001 c.445 §183; 2003 c.330 §1]Section: Previous 803.010 803.012 803.015 803.016 803.020 803.025 803.030 803.035 803.040 803.045 803.050 803.055 803.060 803.065 803.070 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008