The Department of Transportation shall issue and deliver to the owner registration plates according to the following:
(1) Registration plates shall be issued upon filing of application for registration and payment of the appropriate registration and registration plate fees unless the department has just cause for refusing to register a vehicle or unless otherwise provided in this section.
(2) If an application for title or registration is for a vehicle that is subject to the provisions of ORS 803.210, the department may issue a permit described under ORS 803.615 while the department is determining all facts relative to the applicant’s right to receive title and may issue registration plates along with the title.
(3) Before issuance of registration plates, the department must receive the manufacturing and reflectorizing fee for the registration plates. If the registration plate is a special plate authorized under ORS 805.200, the fees for the registration plate issuance are as described in ORS 805.250.
(4) Except as otherwise authorized by ORS 805.200, registration plates issued shall be as described in ORS 803.535.
(5) The department shall issue the number of plates appropriate under ORS 803.525 and any stickers provided under ORS 803.555. [1983 c.338 §257; 1985 c.16 §99; 1987 c.146 §8; 1987 c.572 §6; 1993 c.233 §50; 1993 c.741 §119]Section: Previous 803.465 803.470 803.473 803.475 803.500 803.505 803.510 803.520 803.525 803.530 803.533 803.535 803.537 803.538 803.540 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008