Except as otherwise provided by this section, ORS 805.045 and 805.060, vehicles that are owned and operated by this state, cities, counties or other political subdivisions of this state or by the government of a federally recognized Indian tribe in this state are subject to the same requirements and provisions for registration as are other vehicles. For purposes of this section, a vehicle that is operated under a lease or lease-purchase agreement by any of the governments specified in this section is a government-owned vehicle. The following requirements and provisions apply to government-owned vehicles:
(1) The registration period for vehicles subject to this section shall be an ownership registration period as described under ORS 803.400 except that the registration shall continue to be valid if ownership of the vehicle is transferred to another government agency.
(2) The fee for registration of the vehicles shall be the fee for registration of government-owned vehicles established under ORS 803.420, and no other registration fee shall be required.
(3) Any vehicle registered under this section and not exempted under ORS 815.300 must meet the requirements for certification of compliance with pollution control under ORS 815.310.
(4) Vehicles described in this section that are school buses or activity vehicles may be registered as provided in ORS 805.050 in lieu of registration under this section, if the vehicles qualify for registration under ORS 805.050.
(5) For purposes of this section, vehicles owned by the government of a federally recognized Indian tribe in this state are government-owned vehicles. [1983 c.338 §243; 1985 c.16 §91; 1985 c.148 §1; 1985 c.547 §14; 1987 c.440 §5; 1993 c.741 §123]Section: Previous 805.010 805.020 805.030 805.035 805.037 805.040 805.045 805.050 805.060 805.070 805.080 805.090 805.100 805.103 805.105 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008