(1) A person commits the offense of illegal stopping, standing or parking if:
(a) The person stops, parks or leaves standing a vehicle in a place where such stopping, parking or standing is prohibited under ORS 811.550; or
(b) The person is the owner of an unattended vehicle parked in a place where such parking is prohibited under ORS 811.550.
(2) Exemptions from this section are established under ORS 811.560.
(3) A police officer, under authority granted by ORS 810.430, may move or require to be moved a vehicle that is stopped, parked or left standing in violation of this section.
(4) It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution of the owner of a vehicle under subsection (1)(b) of this section that the use of the vehicle was not authorized by the owner, either expressly or by implication.
(5) The offense described by this section, illegal stopping, standing or parking, is a Class D traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §668; 1987 c.687 §4]Section: Previous 811.520 811.525 811.526 811.530 811.535 811.540 811.550 811.555 811.560 811.565 811.570 811.575 811.580 811.585 811.590 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008