(1) A disabled person parking permit is a means of identifying vehicles being used to exercise the parking privileges described in ORS 811.635. The following are disabled person parking permits:
(a) A special decal described in ORS 811.605 issued by the Department of Transportation to be affixed to a golf cart or substantially similar vehicle;
(b) An individual placard described in ORS 811.605;
(c) A program placard issued by the department under ORS 811.607;
(d) A family placard issued by the department under ORS 811.609;
(e) A foreign visitor placard issued by the department under ORS 811.611; and
(f) A “Wheelchair User” placard or decal issued by the department under ORS 811.613.
(2) The department shall issue a disabled person parking permit in the form of a decal or individual placard to any person who submits an application that complies with ORS 811.604. Nothing in this section prohibits the department from issuing a decal or individual placard to a person who has disabled veteran registration plates issued under ORS 805.100 and who qualifies for the decal or placard.
(3) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the department may not issue more than one individual placard to an applicant. The department may issue a replacement placard upon receipt of proof satisfactory to the department that the original placard has been lost, mutilated or destroyed. The department may issue a temporary duplicate permit to a person who needs a duplicate permit for travel purposes. A temporary duplicate permit shall be valid for 30 days. The department shall adopt rules governing application for and issuance of temporary duplicate permits. Nothing in this subsection prohibits issuance of an individual placard to a person who has been issued a decal.
(4) Permits issued under this section, other than temporary duplicate permits, may be renewed by mail.
(5) Permits for use on vehicles that are regularly used as part of a program for the transportation of persons with disabilities are issued as provided in ORS 811.607.
(6) Except as provided in subsection (7) of this section, the department shall determine the form, size and content of any decal or placard issued under this section and shall adopt rules governing their issuance, display and use as necessary to carry out this section.
(7)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, the department may not require a decal or placard issued under this section to an individual or a family to contain any identifying information about the person to whom the decal or placard is issued, including any of the following:
(C) Telephone number;
(D) Social Security number;
(E) Driver license number;
(F) Golf cart driver permit number;
(G) Identification card number;
(H) Passport or visa number; or
(b) The department may require a decal or placard issued under this section to an individual or a family to contain not more than four digits of the driver license or identification card number of the person to whom the decal or placard is issued. [1987 c.187 §7; 1989 c.243 §2; 1991 c.741 §1; 1993 c.751 §66; 1995 c.462 §1; 2001 c.827 §11; 2005 c.406 §1; 2007 c.70 §330; 2007 c.468 §5]
Note: Section 5, chapter 406, Oregon Laws 2005, provides:
Sec. 5. The amendments to ORS 811.602, 811.605, 811.606 and 811.609 by sections 1 to 4 of this 2005 Act apply to disabled person parking permits issued or renewed on or after the effective date of this 2005 Act [January 1, 2006]. [2005 c.406 §5]Section: Previous 811.570 811.575 811.580 811.585 811.590 811.595 811.600 811.602 811.603 811.604 811.605 811.606 811.607 811.608 811.609 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008