Each of the following is authorized for fire department warning lights:
(1) Fire department vehicle warning lights may be red or a combination of red and white.
(2) Fire department vehicles may use an approved headlight flashing system as authorized by ORS 816.050.
(3) Fire department vehicles may have a forward facing flashing white light for the purpose of operating a traffic signal preemption device.
(4) Fire department vehicles may show a flashing or revolving green light when operating as the command post in emergency incidents.
(5) Fire department emergency response vehicle lights may be any color allowed for police lights under ORS 816.250. [1991 c.769 §5; 1997 c.492 §6]
Note: 816.285 was added to and made a part of ORS chapter 816 by legislative action but was not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 816.220 816.230 816.240 816.250 816.260 816.270 816.280 816.285 816.290 816.300 816.310 816.320 816.330 816.340 816.350 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008