This section establishes exemptions from ORS 816.320 and 816.330. The exemptions established under this section are in addition to any exemptions under ORS 801.026. The exemptions under this section are partial or complete as described in the following:
(1) ORS 816.320 and 816.330 shall not be construed to prohibit the use of additional parts and accessories on any vehicle consistent with the provisions of those sections.
(2) Motor vehicles of special interest that are registered under ORS 805.020 shall be deemed in compliance with ORS 816.320 and 816.330 if:
(a) The vehicles are equipped with original manufacturer’s equipment and accessories, or their equivalent, and if the equipment is maintained in safe operating condition; or
(b) The vehicles are street rods that conform to ORS 815.107.
(3) ORS 816.320 and 816.330 do not apply to any of the following vehicles:
(a) Road machinery.
(b) Road rollers.
(c) Farm tractors, implements of husbandry and farm trailers.
(d) Antique motor vehicles that are maintained as a collector’s item and used for exhibitions, parades, club activities and similar uses, but not used primarily for the transportation of persons or property.
(4) Motorcycles manufactured before 1973 are not required to be equipped with turn signals if the motorcycle is not driven during limited visibility conditions under ORS 811.405 and 811.515.
(5) Truck tractors are not required to be equipped with rear reflectors.
(6) Pole trailers are not required to be equipped with side reflectors, side marker lights, clearance lights or identification lights.
(7) Motor vehicles registered in this state on or before January 1, 1940, are not required to be equipped with a high-beam indicator.
(8) Bicycles shall be equipped with lighting equipment as required under ORS 815.280.
(9) Requirements for warning lights on ambulances are provided under ORS 820.350 and 820.360.
(10) Electric personal assistive mobility devices shall be equipped with lighting equipment as required under ORS 815.284. [1983 c.338 §462; 1985 c.16 §242; 1989 c.402 §12; 1997 c.402 §17; 2003 c.158 §30; 2003 c.341 §19]Section: Previous 816.240 816.250 816.260 816.270 816.280 816.285 816.290 816.300 816.310 816.320 816.330 816.340 816.350 816.360 816.370 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008