This section establishes exemptions from ORS 818.060. The exemptions under this section are in addition to any exemptions under ORS 801.026. Exempt, partially or completely as described, are the following:
(1) Any vehicle on any way, thoroughfare or place owned by a district formed under ORS chapters 545, 547 and 551 or a corporation formed under ORS chapter 554.
(2) A vehicle on any road or thoroughfare or property in private ownership or any road or thoroughfare, other than a state highway or county road, used pursuant to any agreement with any agency of the United States or with a licensee of such agency, or both.
(3) Any vehicle, combination of vehicles, article, machine or other equipment while being used by the federal government, the State of Oregon or any county or incorporated city in the construction, maintenance or repair of public highways and at the immediate location or site of such construction, maintenance or repair.
(4) Vehicles while being used on the roads of a road authority by a mass transit district for the purposes authorized under ORS 267.010 to 267.390, provided the weight or size is approved by the road authority for its roads.
(5) Operations authorized to exceed weight or size limitations by a variance permit issued under ORS 818.200 are subject to the terms of the permit. It shall be a defense to any charge of violation of ORS 818.060 if the person so charged produces a variance permit issued under ORS 818.200 that authorized the operation and that was issued prior to and valid at the time of the offense. [1983 c.338 §513]Section: Previous 818.010 818.012 818.020 818.030 818.040 818.050 818.060 818.070 818.080 818.090 818.100 818.105 818.110 818.120 818.130 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008