(1) The Department of Transportation may impose sanctions on any person holding a dismantler certificate issued under ORS 822.110 or identification card issued under ORS 822.125 if the department determines at any time for due cause that any of the following have occurred:
(a) The person holding the certificate has failed to comply with any requirements for registration of vehicles under the vehicle code.
(b) The person holding the certificate has violated ORS 803.140, 819.012, 819.016, 819.040 or 822.135.
(c) The person holding the certificate has caused or suffered or is permitting the unlawful use of the dismantler certificate.
(d) The person holding the certificate has violated any regulation adopted under ORS 822.135.
(e) The person holding the certificate has failed to allow the department to conduct inspections as provided under ORS 822.130.
(f) The person holding an identification card has unlawfully used or permitted unlawful use of the card.
(2) The department shall cancel or suspend any dismantler certificate immediately:
(a) Upon receipt of legal notice that the bond described under ORS 822.120 is canceled; or
(b) For failure to pay any penalty imposed under ORS 822.135 or 822.137.
(3) Upon revocation, cancellation or suspension of a dismantler certificate or identification card under this section, the department shall recall and demand the return of the certificate or identification card.
(4) If the department has reason to believe that a person has engaged in or is engaging in any activity prohibited under ORS 822.100, the department may issue an order directed at the person to cease the activity.
(5) The department shall adopt rules establishing sanctions authorized by subsection (1) of this section. [1983 c.338 §808; 1985 c.16 §409; 1985 c.176 §4; 1987 c.261 §9b; 1991 c.820 §19; 1991 c.873 §51; 2005 c.654 §15; 2007 c.683 §2]Section: Previous 822.120 822.125 822.130 822.133 822.135 822.137 822.140 822.145 822.150 822.200 822.205 822.210 822.215 822.217 822.218 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008