(1) The holder of a current, valid dismantler certificate issued under ORS 822.110 is not subject to the prohibitions and penalties under ORS 822.100 as long as the holder’s motor vehicle dismantling business is conducted in the location approved under the certificate.
(2) The holder of a dismantler certificate may expand the dimensions or move a place of business approved under the dismantler certificate or open an additional place of business under the certificate upon issuance of a supplemental dismantler certificate by the Department of Transportation. The following apply to supplemental certificates issued under this subsection:
(a) The department shall grant a supplemental certificate upon request of an applicant under this subsection if the applicant obtains local government permission for the supplemental certificate under ORS 822.140.
(b) Upon application for renewal of the supplemental certificate, the department may waive the requirement that an applicant for renewal under this subsection obtain local government approval under ORS 822.140 of the suitability of the applicant to establish, maintain or operate a motor vehicle dismantling business.
(c) A fee shall be charged for a supplemental dismantler certificate under ORS 822.700.
(3) A dismantler certificate is valid for a three-year period and may be renewed as provided by the department. The department shall only renew the certificate of any certificate holder who does all of the following:
(a) Pays the required fee for renewal under ORS 822.700.
(b) Completes the application described in ORS 822.115.
(c) Obtains local government approval under ORS 822.140. The department may waive the requirement that an applicant for renewal obtain local government approval under ORS 822.140 of the suitability of the applicant to establish, maintain or operate a motor vehicle dismantling business.
(d) Maintains a current bond that meets the requirements under ORS 822.120.
(4) The department may provide the holder of a dismantler certificate with identification cards in the names of the owners of the business or in the names of authorized employees of the business.
(5) The department may adopt suitable rules for the issuance and renewal of dismantler certificates and identification cards. [1983 c.338 §805; 1985 c.16 §404; 1987 c.261 §9a; 2005 c.654 §11]
Note: Section 21, chapter 654, Oregon Laws 2005, provides:
Sec. 21. Notwithstanding the provision that dismantler certificates are valid for a three-year period pursuant to ORS 822.125, the Department of Transportation may adopt rules that the department determines are necessary for an orderly transition from a one-year cycle for issuing and renewing dismantler certificates to the three-year cycle created by the amendments to ORS 822.125 by section 11 of this 2005 Act. The rules may include provisions for:
(1) Staggering renewal dates; and
(2) Prorating fees for issuance or renewal of certificates. [2005 c.654 §21]Section: Previous 822.093 822.094 822.100 822.105 822.110 822.115 822.120 822.125 822.130 822.133 822.135 822.137 822.140 822.145 822.150 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008