The Department of Transportation shall supervise and regulate the transportation of persons and of household goods by for-hire carriers and with respect thereto shall:
(1) After hearing, regulate and prescribe just, fair and reasonable rates, classifications and practices.
(2) Prescribe the kind and form of accounts, manifests, receipts and records to be used and kept pertaining to operation, and the method and manner of keeping them and require their preservation for such time as the department may determine proper, and have access thereto with right of audit and inspection at all reasonable times.
(3) Require the filing of such periodical or other reports or data of such carriers as the department deems necessary.
(4) Require reasonably adequate service and facilities.
(5) Regulate operating schedules of for-hire regular route full-service scheduled carriers of persons so as to meet the needs of any community served and so as to prevent unnecessary duplication of for-hire carrier services. [Formerly 767.405]Section: Previous 825.160 825.162 825.164 825.166 825.168 825.180 825.200 825.202 825.204 825.206 825.208 825.210 825.212 825.220 825.222 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008