(1) Except as provided in this section, no enforceable agreement may be formed by a telephone solicitation sale.
(2) To form a binding agreement by telephone solicitation sale, the seller must receive from the buyer a signed, written contract that contains all of the terms of the agreement between the seller and the buyer. The seller must provide a copy of the completed contract to the buyer.
(3) Any term or agreement between a buyer and seller in a telephone solicitation sale is void and unenforceable unless it is contained in the contract required by subsection (2) of this section.
(4) A contract required by subsection (2) of this section shall contain the following notice on a separate sheet that contains no other provision:
This contract is a contract made pursuant to a telephone solicitation sale regulated by Oregon Revised Statutes 83.710 to 83.750. The person offering to buy goods or services under this contract understands that:
(1) No discussions or agreements between the buyer and the person offering to sell goods or services formed a binding agreement except as provided by this contract;
(2) There is no binding agreement between the buyer and seller until the seller receives a copy of this contract signed by the buyer; and
(3) All of the terms of the agreement between the buyer and the seller are contained, in writing, in this contract.
[1979 c.503 §3]Section: Previous 83.635 83.640 83.650 83.660 83.670 83.680 83.710 83.715 83.720 83.730 83.740 83.750 83.810 83.811 83.813 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008