(1) Any law enforcement agency within the State of Oregon that receives a report of a previously unreported stolen boat shall notify the State Marine Board within 72 hours after receiving the report. The report shall include all information concerning the theft and the boat involved.
(2) Any law enforcement agency within the State of Oregon that recovers a boat that has been previously reported as stolen shall notify the board of the recovery within 72 hours after the recovery.
(3) When the board receives a report of the theft of a boat under subsection (1) of this section, the board shall place an appropriate notice of the theft in an electronic file system that identifies the boat during the processing of any new certificate of number or title. If a boat reported as stolen is identified during such processing, the board shall discontinue processing and notify the law enforcement agency that initiated the theft report. The board may not issue a new certificate of number or title unless the status of the boat as a stolen boat is cleared by the originating law enforcement agency.
(4) Any boat reported as stolen to the board shall remain on the records of the board as stolen until the originating law enforcement agency clears the record.
(5) The board shall prepare a report listing stolen and recovered boats as disclosed by the reports submitted to the board by law enforcement agencies, and shall distribute the report on a regular basis.
(6) When the board is notified that a previously listed stolen boat has been recovered, the board shall immediately record the recovery in the board’s registration records. [1999 c.550 §2]
Note: 830.037 was added to and made a part of ORS chapter 830 by legislative action but was not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 830.005 830.010 830.015 830.025 830.035 830.037 830.040 830.050 830.053 830.055 830.060 830.080 830.082 830.084 830.086 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008