(1) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, a person may not operate a boat for which an identifying number is required under ORS 830.705, 830.710, 830.770, 830.780 to 830.805 and 830.830 to 830.870, unless the owner has secured from the State Marine Board a certificate of title for the boat. This subsection does not apply to operation of:
(a) Amphibious vehicles that have a valid title issued by the Department of Transportation.
(b) A boat for which an identifying number issued under ORS 830.830 is required.
(2) A certificate of title is prima facie evidence of the ownership of a boat or a security interest therein. A certificate of title is good for the life of the boat so long as the certificate is owned or held by the legal holder of the certificate.
(3) The board may assess the following application fees:
(a) Original title or title transfer, $30.
(b) Duplicate title, $15.
(c) Duplicate certificate of number or registration, $10.
(d) Duplicate validation stickers, $10.
(4) The board shall establish, by rule, penalty fees for late application for certificates required by this section or ORS 830.710. A penalty fee may not exceed $50.
(5) Rules adopted pursuant to this section shall be in accordance with the provisions of ORS chapter 183. [Formerly 488.762; 2003 c.455 §2]Section: Previous 830.775 830.780 830.785 830.790 830.795 830.800 830.805 830.810 830.815 830.820 830.825 830.830 830.850 830.855 830.860 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008