(1) A dealer or boat manufacturer:
(a) May apply to the State Marine Board for one or more identifying numbers issued under this section.
(b) Shall display an identifying number issued under this section on a boat while operating or using the boat for a purpose related to the testing, buying, selling or exchanging of the boat.
(2) The application for a number under this section shall include the name and the business address of the dealer or boat manufacturer. Any number of identifying numbers may be requested in the same application.
(3) An application for a number under this section shall be accompanied by the following fees:
(a) For the first number applied for, $28.
(b) For each additional number applied for in any application and all renewals, $6.
(4) The board shall issue a certificate of number or registration for each identifying number awarded under this section in the same manner as provided in ORS 830.795. Numbers and certificates issued under this section are subject to the following:
(a) An identifying number is valid for not more than two years.
(b) No boat shall be described in the certificate and each certificate shall state that the identifying number has been awarded to a dealer or boat manufacturer.
(c) A certificate of number issued under this section expires on December 31 of the year indicated on the certificate.
(5) The provisions of ORS 830.800 (2) and (4) apply to a certificate of number issued under this section.
(6) An identifying number issued under this section shall be displayed on a boat of a dealer or boat manufacturer in the same manner as provided in ORS 830.780, except that the number may be temporarily attached.
(7) No person other than a dealer or boat manufacturer or a representative of a dealer or boat manufacturer shall display or use an identifying number issued under this section.
(8) No person shall use an identifying number issued under this section for any purpose other than the purpose described in subsection (1) of this section. [Formerly 488.760; 2003 c.14 §504]
(Floating Homes; Boathouses)Section: Previous 830.795 830.800 830.805 830.810 830.815 830.820 830.825 830.830 830.850 830.855 830.860 830.865 830.870 830.875 830.880 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008