(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 92.016 (1), prior to the approval of a tentative plan, the declarant may negotiate to sell a lot in a manufactured dwelling park or a mobile home park for which approval is required under ORS 92.830 to 92.845.
(2) Prior to the sale of a lot in a park, the declarant shall offer to sell the lot to the tenant who occupies the lot. The offer required under this subsection:
(a) Terminates 60 days after receipt of the offer by the tenant or upon written rejection of the offer, whichever occurs first; and
(b) Does not constitute a notice of termination of the tenancy.
(3) The declarant may not sell the lot to a person other than the tenant for 60 days after termination of the offer required under subsection (2) of this section at a price or on terms that are more favorable to the purchaser than the price or terms that were offered to the tenant.
(4) After the park has been submitted for subdivision under ORS 92.830 to 92.845 and until a lot is offered for sale in accordance with subsection (2) of this section, the declarant shall notify a prospective tenant, in writing, prior to the commencement of the tenancy, that the park has been submitted for subdivision and that the tenant is entitled to receive an offer to purchase the lot under subsection (2) of this section.
(5) Prior to any sale of a lot in a subdivision created in the park, the declarant must provide the tenant or other potential purchaser of the lot with information about the homeowners association formed by the declarant as required by ORS 94.625. The information must, at a minimum, include the association name and type and any rights set forth in the declaration required by ORS 94.580.
(6) The declarant may not begin improvements or rehabilitation to the lot during the period described in the landlordís notice of termination under ORS 90.645 without the permission of the tenant.
(7) The declarant may begin improvements or rehabilitation to the common property as defined in the declaration during the period described in the landlordís notice of termination under ORS 90.645.
(8) Nothing in this section prevents the declarant from terminating a tenancy in the park in compliance with ORS 90.630, 90.632 and 90.645. However, the declarant shall make the offer required under subsection (2) of this section to a tenant whose tenancy is terminated after approval of the tentative plan unless the termination is for cause under ORS 90.392, 90.394, 90.396, 90.630 (1) or (8) or 90.632. [2001 c.711 §4; 2003 c.474 §8; 2005 c.391 §27; 2007 c.906 §8]
Note: See note under 92.830.Section: Previous 92.775 92.780 92.785 92.800 92.805 92.810 92.820 92.830 92.832 92.835 92.837 92.840 92.843 92.845 92.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008