(1) As used in this section, “electronic ballot” means a ballot given by:
(a) Electronic mail;
(b) Facsimile transmission;
(c) Posting on a website; or
(d) Other means of electronic communication acceptable to the board of directors.
(2) Unless the declaration or bylaws prohibit or provide for other methods of electronic ballots, the board of directors of a homeowners association, in its discretion, may provide that a vote, approval or consent of an owner may be given by electronic ballot.
(3) An electronic ballot shall comply with the requirements of this section and the declaration or bylaws or ORS 94.550 to 94.783.
(4) An electronic ballot may be accompanied by or contained in an electronic notice in accordance with ORS 94.652.
(5) If an electronic ballot is posted on a website, a notice of the posting shall be sent to each owner and shall contain instructions on obtaining access to the posting on the website.
(6) A vote made by electronic ballot is effective when it is electronically transmitted to an address, location or system designated by the board of directors for that purpose.
(7) Unless otherwise provided in the declaration or bylaws or rules adopted by the board of directors, a vote by electronic ballot may not be revoked.
(8) The board of directors may not elect to use electronic ballots unless there are procedures to ensure:
(a) Compliance with ORS 94.647 if the vote conducted by written ballot under ORS 94.647 uses the procedures specified in ORS 94.647 (2)(b); and
(b) That the electronic ballot is secret, if the declaration or bylaws or rules adopted by the board require that electronic ballots be secret. [2007 c.409 §5]Section: Previous 94.647 94.650 94.652 94.655 94.657 94.658 94.660 94.661 94.662 94.665 94.667 94.670 94.673 94.675 94.676 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008