(1) The homeowners association shall hold at least one meeting of the owners each calendar year.
(2)(a) Special meetings of the association may be called by the president of the board of directors, by a majority of the board of directors or by the president or secretary upon receipt of a written request of a percentage of owners specified in the bylaws of the association. However, the bylaws may not require a percentage greater than 50 percent or less than 10 percent of the votes of the planned community for the purpose of calling a meeting.
(b) If the bylaws do not specify a percentage of owners that may request the calling of a special meeting, a special meeting shall be called if 30 percent or more of the owners make the request in writing. Notice of the special meeting shall be given as specified in this section.
(c) Business transacted at a special meeting shall be confined to the purposes stated in the notice.
(3) If the owners request a special meeting under subsection (2) of this section and the notice is not given within 30 days after the date the written request is delivered to the president or the secretary, an owner who signed the request may set the time and place of the meeting and give notice as provided in subsection (4) of this section.
(4) Not less than 10 or more than 50 days before any meeting called under this section, the secretary or other officer specified in the bylaws shall cause the notice to be hand delivered or mailed to the mailing address of each owner or to the mailing address designated in writing by the owner, and to all mortgagees that have requested the notice.
(5) The notice of a meeting shall state the time and place of the meeting and the items on the agenda, including the general nature of any proposed amendment to the declaration or bylaws, any budget changes or any proposal to remove a director or officer.
(6) Mortgagees may designate a representative to attend a meeting called under this section. [1981 c.782 §40; 1999 c.677 §17; 2001 c.756 §17; 2007 c.409 §10]Section: Previous 94.630 94.635 94.640 94.641 94.642 94.645 94.647 94.650 94.652 94.655 94.657 94.658 94.660 94.661 94.662 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008