(1) Every nonresident developer, at the time of filing the notice required by ORS 94.823, also shall file with the Real Estate Commissioner an irrevocable consent that if, in any suit or action commenced against the nonresident developer in this state arising out of a violation of ORS 94.803 and 94.807 to 94.945, personal service of summons or process cannot be made upon the developer in this state after the exercise of due diligence, a valid service may be made upon the developer by service on the commissioner.
(2) The consent required under subsection (1) of this section shall be in writing executed and verified by an officer of a corporation or association, a general partner of a partnership or by a developer and shall set forth:
(a) The name of the developer.
(b) The address to which documents served upon the commissioner are to be forwarded.
(c) If the developer is a corporation or unincorporated association, that the officer exercising the consent was authorized by resolution duly adopted by the board of directors.
(3) The address for forwarding documents served under this section may be changed by filing a new consent in the form prescribed in subsection (2) of this section.
(4) Service of process on the commissioner under this section shall be made by delivering to the commissioner or a clerk on duty in any office of the commissioner, duplicate copies of the process, with duplicate copies of any papers required by law to be delivered in connection with the service.
(5) When the commissioner is served with process under the provisions of this section, the commissioner shall immediately forward by registered mail or by certified mail with return receipt one of the copies with any accompanying papers, to the developer at the address set forth in the consent.
(6) The commissioner shall keep a record of each process, notice and demand served under this section, and shall record the time of each service and the action taken by the commissioner on each service. [1983 c.530 §43; 1991 c.249 §10]Section: Previous 94.881 94.885 94.890 94.895 94.900 94.905 94.915 94.920 94.925 94.930 94.940 94.945 94.953 94.956 94.959 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008