(1) A membership camping operator wishing to offer to sell or sell a membership camping contract in this state shall register the contract with the Real Estate Commissioner. The application for registration shall include all of the following if it is applicable to the membership camping operator:
(a) Written disclosures, in any format the commissioner is satisfied accurately and clearly communicates the required information, which include:
(A) The name and address of the membership camping operator and any person who, directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the membership camping operator;
(B) A brief description of the membership camping operatorís experience in the camping club business;
(C) A brief description of the nature of the purchaserís right or license to use the campground or facilities;
(D) The location and a brief description of the significant facilities and recreation services then available for use by purchasers and those which are represented to purchasers as being planned, together with a brief description of any significant facilities or recreation services that are or will be available to nonpurchasers and the price to nonpurchasers therefor;
(E) A brief description of the membership camping operatorís ownership of or other right to use the campground facilities represented to be available for use by purchasers, together with a brief description of the duration of any lease, real estate contract, license franchise or other agreement entitling the membership camping operator to use the property, and any material provisions of the agreements which restrict a purchaserís use;
(F) A brief description of any material encumbrance, including any mortgage, deed of trust, option to purchase, vendorís lien or interest under a contract or agreement of sale, or other material financing lien or encumbrance that secures or evidences the obligation to pay money or to sell or convey, or which authorizes or requires the foreclosure or other disposition of the campground affected;
(G) A brief description of any reciprocal agreement allowing purchasers to use camping sites, facilities or other properties owned or operated by any person other than the membership camping operator with whom the purchaser has entered into a membership camping contract;
(H) A summary or copy of the articles, bylaws, rules, restrictions or covenants regulating the purchaserís use of each campground, the facilities located on each property, and any recreation services provided, including a statement of whether and how the articles, bylaws, rules, restrictions or covenants may be changed;
(I) A brief description of all payments of a purchaser under a membership camping contract, including initial fees and any further fees, charges or assessments, together with any provisions for changing the payments;
(J) A description of any restraints on the transfer of membership camping contracts;
(K) A brief description of the policies relating to the availability of camping sites and whether reservations are required;
(L) A brief description of the membership camping operatorís right to change or withdraw from use all or a portion of the campgrounds or facilities and the extent to which the membership camping operator is obliged to replace facilities or campgrounds withdrawn;
(M) A brief description of any grounds for forfeiture of a purchaserís membership camping contract; and
(N) A copy of the membership camping contract form;
(b) A statement of the total number of membership camping contracts then in effect, both within and without this state; and a statement of the total number of membership camping contracts intended to be sold, both within and without this state, together with a commitment that the total number will not be exceeded unless disclosed by amendment to the registration;
(c) If the campground or campgrounds owned or being purchased by the membership camping operator at the time of registration are campgrounds on which the membership camping operator or another membership camping operator previously registered a membership camping contract with the State of Oregon and sold memberships under the registered contract and thereafter went out of business or filed for bankruptcy, the new membership camping operator shall file with the commissioner at the time of registration a detailed plan whereunder all membership purchasers from the prior membership camping operator or operators for the campground or campgrounds will be offered memberships by the new membership camping operator despite any rejection or cancellation of the previous contracts during bankruptcy proceedings of the prior membership camping operator or operators. Procedures for written notice to the purchasers and the material terms and conditions of membership offered by the new campground operator shall be included in the detailed plan filed with the commissioner. The material terms and conditions including but not limited to price and terms of payment offered by the new campground operator or operators shall not be materially less favorable than the material terms and conditions offered to new purchasers; and
(d) Any other material information the commissioner may, by rule or order, require for the protection of the purchasers.
(2) The application shall be signed by the membership camping operator, an officer or general partner of the membership camping operator or by another person holding a power of attorney for such purpose from the membership camping operator. If the application is signed pursuant to a power of attorney, a copy of the power of attorney shall be included with the application.
(3) The application shall be submitted with the registration fee.
(4) An application for registration to offer or sell membership camping contracts shall be amended when a material change from the information previously filed occurs. Such amendment shall be filed with the commissioner within 10 days after the membership camping operator knows of such change.
(5) In place of the disclosures required with the application for registration, the commissioner may accept a public report or other disclosure from another state in which the membership camping operator has registered. [1985 c.639 §3; 1991 c.377 §7]Section: Previous 94.920 94.925 94.930 94.940 94.945 94.953 94.956 94.959 94.962 94.965 94.968 94.971 94.974 94.975 94.976 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008