§ 9309. Security interest perfected upon attachment. The following security interests are perfected when they attach:
(1) A purchase-money security interest in consumer goods, except as otherwise provided in section 9311(b)
(relating to perfection of security interests in property subject to certain statutes, regulations and treaties) with respect to consumer goods which are subject to a statute or treaty described in section 9311(a).
(2) An assignment of accounts or payment intangibles which does not by itself or in conjunction with other assignments to the same assignee transfer a significant part of the assignor's outstanding accounts or payment intangibles.
(3) A sale of a payment intangible.
(4) A sale of a promissory note.
(5) A security interest created by the assignment of a health-care-insurance receivable to the provider of the health-care goods or services.
(6) A security interest arising under section 2401
(relating to passing of title; reservation for security; limited application of section), 2505 (relating to shipment by seller under reservation), 2711(c) (relating to security interest of buyer in rejected goods) or 2A508(e) (relating to security interest in goods in lessee's possession) until the debtor obtains possession of the collateral.
(7) A security interest of a collecting bank arising under section 4210 (relating to security interest of collecting bank in items, accompanying documents and proceeds).
(8) A security interest of an issuer or nominated person arising under section 5118 (relating to security interest of issuer or nominated person).
(9) A security interest arising in the delivery of a financial asset under section 9206(c) (relating to security interest in payment against delivery transaction).
(10) A security interest in investment property created by a broker or securities intermediary.
(11) A security interest in a commodity contract or a commodity account created by a commodity intermediary.
(12) An assignment for the benefit of all creditors of the transferor and subsequent transfers by the assignee thereunder.
(13) A security interest created by an assignment of a beneficial interest in a decedent's estate.
(14) A sale by an individual of an account that is a right to payment of winnings in a lottery or other game of chance. (Apr. 16, 2008, P.L.57, No.13, eff. 60 days)
2008 Amendment. Act 13 added par. (14).
Cross References. Section 9309 is referred to in sections 9308, 9310, 9323 of this title.Section: Previous 9302 9303 9304 9305 9306 9307 9308 9309 9310 9311 9312 9313 9314 9315 9316 Next
Last modified: October 8, 2016