§ 9523. Information from filing office; sale or license of
(a) Acknowledgment of filing written record.--If a person that files a written record requests an acknowledgment of the filing, the filing office shall send to the person an image of the record showing the number assigned to the record pursuant to section 9519(a)(1) (relating to numbering, maintaining and indexing records; communicating information provided in records) and the date and time of the filing of the record. However, if the person furnishes a copy of the record to the filing office, the filing office may instead:
(1) note upon the copy the number assigned to the record pursuant to section 9519(a)(1) and the date and time of the filing of the record; and
(2) send the copy to the person.
(b) Acknowledgment of filing other record.--If a person files a record other than a written record, the filing office shall communicate to the person an acknowledgment which provides:
(1) the information in the record;
(2) the number assigned to the record pursuant to section 9519(a)(1); and
(3) the date and time of the filing of the record.
(c) Communication of requested information.--The filing office shall communicate or otherwise make available in a record the following information to any person that requests it:
(1) Whether there is on file on a date and time specified by the filing office, but not a date earlier than three business days before the filing office receives the request, any financing statement which:
(i) designates a particular debtor or, if the request so states, designates a particular debtor at the address specified in the request;
(ii) has not lapsed under section 9515 (relating to duration and effectiveness of financing statement; effect of lapsed financing statement) with respect to all secured parties of record; and
(iii) if the request so states, has lapsed under section 9515 and a record of which is maintained by the filing office under section 9522(a) (relating to post- lapse maintenance and retrieval of information).
(2) The date and time of filing of each financing statement.
(3) The information provided in each financing statement.
(d) Medium for communicating information.--In complying with its duty under subsection (c), the filing office may communicate information in any medium. However, if requested, the filing office shall communicate information by issuing its written certificate.
(e) Timeliness of filing office performance.--
(1) Except as set forth in paragraph (2), the filing office shall perform the acts required by subsections (a) through (d) at the time and in the manner prescribed by filing-office rule.
(2) A filing office described in section 9501(a)(2)
(relating to filing offices) shall perform the acts required by subsections (a) through (d) not later than five business days after the filing office receives the request.
(f) Public availability of records.--At least weekly, the filing office described in section 9501(a)(2) shall offer to sell or license to the public on a nonexclusive basis, in bulk, copies of all records filed in it under this chapter in every medium from time to time available to the filing office.
Cross References. Section 9523 is referred to in section 9513 of this title.Section: Previous 9514 9515 9516 9517 9518 9519 9520 9521 9522 9523 9524 9525 9526 9527 Next
Last modified: October 8, 2016