Sec. 101.502. RIGHT TO EXAMINE RECORDS AND CERTAIN OTHER INFORMATION. (a) A member of a limited liability company or an assignee of a membership interest in a limited liability company, or a representative of the member or assignee, on written request and for a proper purpose, may examine and copy at any reasonable time and at the member's or assignee's expense:
(1) records required under Sections 3.151 and 101.501; and
(2) other information regarding the business, affairs, and financial condition of the company that is reasonable for the person to examine and copy.
(b) A limited liability company shall provide to a member of the company or an assignee of a membership interest in the company, on written request by the member or assignee sent to the company's principal office in the United States or, if different, the person and address designated in the company agreement, a free copy of:
(1) the company's certificate of formation, including any amendments to or restatements of the certificate of formation;
(2) if in writing, the company agreement, including any amendments to or restatements of the company agreement; and
(3) any tax returns described by Section 101.501(a)(2).
Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 182, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 2006.
Last modified: September 28, 2016