Sec. 39.402. HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION AND SUCCESS INITIATIVE COUNCIL. (a) The High School Completion and Success Initiative Council is established to identify strategic priorities for and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness, coordination, and alignment of high school completion and college and workforce readiness efforts.
(b) The council is composed of:
(1) the commissioner of education;
(2) the commissioner of higher education; and
(3) seven members appointed by the commissioner of education.
(c) In making appointments required by Subsection (b)(3), the commissioner of education shall appoint:
(1) three members from a list of nominations provided by the governor;
(2) two members from a list of nominations provided by the lieutenant governor; and
(3) two members from a list of nominations provided by the speaker of the house of representatives.
(d) In making nominations under Subsection (c), the governor, lieutenant governor, and speaker of the house of representatives shall nominate persons who have distinguished experience in:
(1) developing and implementing high school reform strategies; and
(2) promoting college and workforce readiness.
Redesignated by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 895 (H.B. 3), Sec. 59, eff. June 19, 2009.Section: Previous 39.332 39.333 39.334 39.361 39.362 39.363 39.401 39.402 39.403 39.404 39.405 39.406 39.407 39.408 39.409 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016