Sec. 2269.361. PROCEDURES FOR COMBINATION OF TECHNICAL AND COST PROPOSALS. (a) A governmental entity shall request proposals from design-build firms identified under Section 2269.359(c). A firm must submit a proposal not later than the 180th day after the date the governmental entity makes a public request for the proposals from the selected firms. The request for proposals must include:
(1) a design criteria package;
(2) if the project site is identified, a geotechnical baseline report or other information that provides the design-build firm minimum geotechnical design parameters to submit a proposal;
(3) detailed instructions for preparing the technical proposal and the items to be included, including a description of the form and level of completeness of drawings expected; and
(4) the relative weighting of the technical and price proposals and the formula by which the proposals will be evaluated and ranked.
(b) The technical proposal is a component of the proposal under this section.
(c) Each proposal must include a sealed technical proposal and a separate sealed cost proposal.
(d) The technical proposal must address:
(1) project approach;
(2) anticipated problems;
(3) proposed solutions to anticipated problems;
(4) ability to meet schedules;
(5) conceptual engineering design; and
(6) other information requested by the governmental entity.
(e) The governmental entity shall first open, evaluate, and score each responsive technical proposal submitted on the basis of the criteria described in the request for proposals and assign points on the basis of the weighting specified in the request for proposals. The governmental entity may reject as nonresponsive any firm that makes a significant change to the composition of its firm as initially submitted. The governmental entity shall subsequently open, evaluate, and score the cost proposals from firms that submitted a responsive technical proposal and assign points on the basis of the weighting specified in the request for proposals. The governmental entity shall select the design-build firm in accordance with the formula provided in the request for proposals.
Added by Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1129 (H.B. 628), Sec. 2.08, eff. September 1, 2011.
Redesignated from Government Code, Chapter 2267 by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 161 (S.B. 1093), Sec. 22.001(23), eff. September 1, 2013.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 161 (S.B. 1093), Sec. 22.002(16), eff. September 1, 2013.Section: Previous 2269.354 2269.355 2269.356 2269.357 2269.358 2269.359 2269.360 2269.361 2269.3615 2269.362 2269.363 2269.364 2269.365 2269.366 2269.367 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016