Sec. 4102.065. RENEWAL OF EXPIRED LICENSE. (a) A person whose license has been expired for 90 days or less may renew the license by:
(1) submitting to the department:
(A) a completed renewal application in the form prescribed by the commissioner; and
(B) evidence of compliance with the continuing education requirements and eligibility for renewal under Section 4004.055; and
(2) paying to the department the required renewal application fee and an additional fee that is equal to one-half of the renewal application fee for the license.
(b) Except as provided by Section 4004.055, a person whose license has been expired for more than 90 days but less than one year may not renew the license but is entitled to a new license without taking the applicable examination if the person submits to the department:
(1) a new application;
(2) evidence of compliance with the continuing education requirements;
(3) the license application fee; and
(4) an additional fee equal to one-half of the license application fee.
(c) A person whose license has been expired for one year or more may not renew the license. The person may obtain a new license by:
(1) submitting to reexamination, if examination is required for original issuance of the license;
(2) complying with the requirements and procedures for obtaining an original license; and
(3) if applicable, submitting evidence of completion of any outstanding continuing education requirement and payment of any associated fine related to the expired license.
(d) The department may renew without reexamination an expired license of a person who was licensed in this state, moved to another state, and is currently licensed and has been in continual practice in the other state up to and including the date of the application. The person must pay to the department a fee that is equal to the license application fee.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 728 (H.B. 2018), Sec. 11.082(a), eff. September 1, 2005.
Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1172 (S.B. 876), Sec. 19, eff. September 1, 2015.Section: Previous 4102.057 4102.058 4102.060 4102.061 4102.062 4102.063 4102.064 4102.065 4102.066 4102.067 4102.068 4102.101 4102.102 4102.103 4102.104 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016