Sec. 3501.003. PURPOSE AND NATURE OF AUTHORITY. (a) The purpose of the authority is to undertake projects necessary or incidental to the industrial, commercial, or business development, redevelopment, maintenance, and expansion of new and existing businesses on the property, now or formerly known as Reese Air Force Base, described in Section 3501.002(a), including the acquisition, construction, operation, maintenance, enhancement, or disposal of:
(1) roads, bridges, and rights-of-way;
(4) police, fire, medical, cultural, educational, and research services, equipment, institutions, and resources;
(5) other community support services;
(6) flood control, water, wastewater treatment, and all other utility facilities; and
(7) other infrastructure improvements.
(b) The authority is a political subdivision of this state that exercises public and essential governmental functions.
(c) The exercise of a power this chapter grants is for a public purpose and is a matter of public necessity.
(d) The authority is a governmental unit under Chapter 101, Civil Practice and Remedies Code. The operations of the authority are not proprietary functions for any purpose, including the application of Chapter 101, Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1277, Sec. 1, eff. April 1, 2005.Section: Previous 3501.001 3501.002 3501.003 3501.004 3501.051 3501.052 3501.053 3501.054 3501.055 3501.101 3501.102 3501.103 3501.104 3501.105 3501.106 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016