Sec. 3873.004. FINDINGS OF BENEFIT AND PUBLIC PURPOSE. (a) The district is created to serve a public use and benefit.
(b) All land and other property included in the district will benefit from the improvements and services to be provided by the district under powers conferred by Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, and other powers granted under this chapter.
(c) The creation of the district is in the public interest and is essential to:
(1) further the public purposes of developing and diversifying the economy of the state; and
(2) preserve and conserve the natural resources of the state.
(d) The district will:
(1) promote the health, safety, and general welfare of residents, employers, employees, potential employees, visitors, and consumers in the district, and of the public;
(2) promote the health, safety, welfare, and enjoyment of the public by landscaping, developing, maintaining, financing, operating, and making capital improvements to parks in the district, which are necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty;
(3) conserve the natural resources of the district; and
(4) cooperate with the city in the furtherance of common purposes of the city and the district.
(e) The district will not act as the agent or instrumentality of any private interest even though the district will benefit many private interests as well as the public.
Added by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1202 (H.B. 4789), Sec. 1, eff. June 19, 2009.Section: Previous 3873.001 3873.002 3873.003 3873.004 3873.005 3873.006 3873.007 3873.051 3873.052 3873.053 3873.054 3873.055 3873.101 3873.102 3873.103 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016