Sec. 3873.051. CONFIRMATION ELECTION. (a) The commissioners court may order an election on the issue of confirming the creation of a district:
(1) on the commissioners court's own motion; or
(2) after the filing of a written petition signed by a number of the registered voters who reside in the area of the proposed district equal to at least five percent of the votes received in that area in the most recent gubernatorial general election.
(b) The petition or commissioners court's motion must include:
(1) the name of the district;
(2) an accurate description of the area included in the district by any appropriate method, including by metes and bounds and by public roads or rights-of-way; and
(3) an accurate plat of the area included in the district.
Added by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1202 (H.B. 4789), Sec. 1, eff. June 19, 2009.Section: Previous 3873.001 3873.002 3873.003 3873.004 3873.005 3873.006 3873.007 3873.051 3873.052 3873.053 3873.054 3873.055 3873.101 3873.102 3873.103 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016