Sec. 3922.004. FINDINGS OF BENEFIT AND PUBLIC PURPOSE. (a) The district is created to serve a public use and benefit.
(b) All land and other property included in the district will benefit from the improvements and services to be provided by the district under powers conferred by Sections 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, and other powers granted under this chapter.
(c) The creation of the district is in the public interest and is essential to further the public purposes of:
(1) developing and diversifying the economy of the state;
(2) eliminating unemployment and underemployment; and
(3) developing or expanding transportation and commerce.
(d) The district will:
(1) promote the health, safety, and general welfare of residents, employers, potential employees, employees, visitors, and consumers in the district, and of the public;
(2) provide needed funding for the district to preserve, maintain, and enhance the economic health and vitality of the district territory as a community and business center;
(3) promote the health, safety, welfare, and enjoyment of the public by providing pedestrian ways and by landscaping and developing certain areas in the district, which are necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty; and
(4) provide for water, wastewater, drainage, road, and recreational facilities for the district.
(e) Pedestrian ways along or across a street, whether at grade or above or below the surface, and street lighting, street landscaping, parking, and street art objects are parts of and necessary components of a street and are considered to be a street or road improvement.
(f) The district will not act as the agent or instrumentality of any private interest even though the district will benefit many private interests as well as the public.
Added by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 816 (S.B. 1828), Sec. 1, eff. June 14, 2013.Section: Previous 3922.001 3922.002 3922.003 3922.004 3922.005 3922.006 3922.007 3922.008 3922.051 3922.052 3922.053 3922.054 3922.055 3922.056 3922.101 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016