Sec. 9601.206. DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY. (a) In connection with the issuance of bonds, the board may:
(1) prescribe the maximum principal amount of bonds to be issued and the maximum rate of interest the bonds may bear;
(2) recite the public purpose for which the bonds are to be issued;
(3) delegate to any officer or employee of the district the authority to effect the sale of the bonds; and
(4) determine the period during which the delegation authority under Subdivision (3) may be exercised.
(b) In exercising the authority delegated by the board to an officer or employee, the officer or employee may establish the terms and details related to the issuance and sale of the bonds, including:
(1) the form and designation of the bonds;
(2) the principal amount of the bonds and the amount of the bonds to mature in each year;
(3) the dates, price, interest rates, interest payment dates, principal payment dates, and redemption features of the bonds;
(4) the execution of agreements determined by the officer or employee to be necessary in connection with the issuance of the bonds; and
(5) any other details relating to the issuance and sale of the bonds as specified by the board in the proceedings authorizing the issuance of the bonds.
(c) A finding or determination made by an officer or employee acting under the authority delegated to the officer or employee has the same force and effect as a finding or determination made by the board.
Added by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 523 (S.B. 1223), Sec. 1, eff. June 19, 2009.Section: Previous 9601.153 9601.154 9601.201 9601.202 9601.203 9601.204 9601.205 9601.206 9601.207 9601.208 9601.209 9601.210 9601.211 9601.212 9601.213 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016