(1) There are authorized to be appropriated for each fiscal year such sums as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of subchapter I of this chapter.
(2) Funds appropriated under the authority of paragraph (1) shall remain available without fiscal year limitation.
(3) Except as provided for amounts subject to section 4425(d) 1 of this title, amounts appropriated under the authority of this subsection for fiscal year 1989, and for each succeeding fiscal year, shall be paid to the Institute at the later of—
(A) the beginning of the fiscal year, or
(B) upon enactment of such appropriation.
(4) Funds appropriated under this subsection for the fiscal year 1992 and for each succeeding fiscal year shall be transferred by the Secretary of the Treasury through the most expeditious method available with the Institute being designated as its own certifying agency.
(5) Funds are authorized to be appropriated for programs for more than one fiscal year. For the purpose of affording adequate notice of funding available under this chapter,1 amounts appropriated in an appropriations Act for any fiscal year to carry out this chapter 1 may, subject to the appropriation, become available for obligations on July 1 of that fiscal year.
There are authorized to be appropriated for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of subchapter II of this chapter—
(1) for fiscal year 1987, $1,000,000, and
(2) for each succeeding fiscal year, such sums as may be necessary to carry out such provisions.
(Pub. L. 99–498, title XV, §1531, Oct. 17, 1986, 100 Stat. 1612; Pub. L. 100–297, title V, §5406(c), Apr. 28, 1988, 102 Stat. 418; Pub. L. 101–644, title V, §506, Nov. 29, 1990, 104 Stat. 4672.)
Last modified: October 26, 2015