§ 46.2-920.2. Operation of vehicles owned or controlled by the Wildlife Center of Virginia.
When specifically requested by a law-enforcement agency to rescue or euthanize injured wildlife, vehicles owned or controlled by the Wildlife Center of Virginia may:
1. Cross medians of divided highways;
2. Use cross-overs and turn-arounds otherwise reserved for use only by authorized vehicles;
3. Drive on a portion of the highway other than the roadway;
4. Stop or stand on any portion of the highway; and
5. Operate in any other manner as directed by a law-enforcement officer at the scene.
Nothing in this section, however, shall (i) immunize the driver of any vehicle owned or controlled by the Wildlife Center of Virginia from criminal prosecution for conduct constituting reckless disregard of the safety of persons and property or (ii) release the driver of any vehicle owned or controlled by the Wildlife Center of Virginia from any civil liability for failure to use reasonable care in operations permitted in this section.
(2007, c. 139.)Sections: Previous 46.2-917.1 46.2-917.2 46.2-918 46.2-919 46.2-919.1 46.2-920 46.2-920.1 46.2-920.2 46.2-921 46.2-921.1 46.2-922 46.2-923 46.2-924 46.2-925 46.2-926 Next
Last modified: April 3, 2009