For purposes of this chapter, the following words have the following meanings:
(1) DELEGATION. The act of authorizing a competent individual to perform selected nursing activities supportive to registered nurses or licensed practical nurses in selected school situations as provided under this chapter, while retaining the accountability for the outcome if the delegation is to an unlicensed individual.
(2) INDIVIDUAL HEALTH PLAN. A document that outlines health care to be provided to a student in the school setting, developed by the school nurse in conjunction with the student’s parents or guardians and may contain the orders from the physician, certified registered nurse practitioner operating under a valid collaborative agreement, or physician assistant operating with a valid supervisory agreement.
(3) SCHOOL. Any primary or secondary public school located in the state.
(4) SCHOOL EMPLOYEE. Any person employed by a public school system located in the state.
(5) UNLICENSED MEDICATION ASSISTANT. A school employee who is trained in accordance with this chapter, but who is not required to be a health care professional.
Last modified: May 3, 2021