Unless clearly indicated otherwise by the context, the following words when used in this article, for purposes of this article, shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in this section:
(1) ALABAMA MANUFACTURED HOUSING COMMISSION FUND. The fund established to provide necessary revenue for the enforcement of this article.
(2) COMMISSION. The Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission.
(3) DEALER. Any person, other than a manufacturer, who is duly licensed to sell manufactured homes in this state.
(4) LABEL. The approved form of certification by the manufacturer under the Uniform Standards Code that is permanently affixed to each manufactured home or transportable section thereof, and which serves as the certification by the manufacturer of conformance with the applicable federal manufactured home construction and safety standards in effect the date of manufacture.
(5) MANUFACTURED HOME. A structure, transportable in one or more sections, which when erected on site measures eight body feet or more in width and 32 body feet or more in length, built on a permanent chassis and designed to be used as a dwelling, with or without a permanent foundation, when connected to the required utilities, and includes the plumbing, heating, air-conditioning, and electrical systems contained therein. A manufactured home can be new. A new manufactured home is a manufactured home which is still in the possession of the manufacturer, dealer, or first purchaser of the manufactured home.
(6) MANUFACTURED HOME CONSTRUCTION. All activities relating to the assembly and manufacture of a manufactured home including, but not limited to, those relating to durability, quality, and safety.
(7) MANUFACTURER. Any person who manufactures manufactured homes and shall include the manufacturer, factory branch, or factory representative.
(8) PERSON. A person, firm, partnership, company, corporation, or association engaged in manufacturing or selling manufactured homes.
(9) UNIFORM STANDARDS CODE. The federal manufactured home construction or safety standards promulgated pursuant to Section 604 of the National Mobile Home Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974, published in Public Law 93-383, 42 U.S.C. § 5401 et seq., or the Manufactured Housing Improvement Act of 2000, or both, as amended from time to time.
Last modified: May 3, 2021