For purposes of this chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
(1) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Labor.
(2) ELIGIBILITY TO WORK FORM. A form issued by the head administrator, counselor, or, if home schooled an instructor of the school which a 14- or 15-year-old minor attends certifying satisfactory grades and attendance of the minor in order for a 14- or 15-year-old minor to be employed.
(3) EMPLOY. To employ, permit, or suffer to work with or without compensation.
(4) EMPLOYEE. Any person employed by an employer, but shall not include an individual engaged in the activities of an educational, charitable, religious, scientific, historical, literary, or nonprofit organization where the employer-employee relationship does not in fact exist or where the services rendered are on a voluntary basis.
(5) EMPLOYER. Any owner or any person, entity, franchise, corporation, or division of a corporation, government agency, or association of persons acting directly as, or in behalf of, or in the interest of any employer in relation to employees, including the state and any political subdivision thereof.
(6) SECRETARY. The Secretary of the Department of Labor.
(7) VIOLATION. A failure by an employer, officer, agent, or any other person to comply with any applicable provision of the child labor law.
Last modified: May 3, 2021