(a) Individual containers used to carry permissible explosives or detonators shall be constructed of substantial, nonconductive material, kept closed and maintained in good condition.
(b) When explosives or detonators are transported underground by locomotive, rope, or shuttle car they shall be in covered cars or in special containers.
(1) The bodies and covers of special cars and containers shall be constructed of nonconductive material.
(2) If explosives and detonators are hauled in the same explosives car or in the same special containers, they shall be separated by at least a four-inch substantially fastened hardwood partition or the equivalent.
(3) Where quantities of explosives and detonators are transported in special cars or in special containers in cars, they shall be hauled on a special trip not connected to any other trip, and shall not be hauled into or out of a mine within five minutes preceding or following a man-trip or any other trip.
(4) Explosives or detonators shall not be transported on the same trip with workmen other than those required in the transportation of the explosives or detonators.
(c) Explosives and detonators shall be transported underground by belt only under the following conditions:
(1) In the original and unopened case, in special closed cases constructed of nonconductive material or in suitable individual containers.
(2) Clearance requirements shall be the same as those for transporting men on belts.
(3) Suitable loading and unloading stations shall be provided.
(4) There shall be an attendant at loading and unloading points and stop controls at these points.
(d) Explosives or detonators shall not be transported on flight or shaker conveyors or by scraper or mechanical loading machines.
Last modified: May 3, 2021