Code of Alabama - Title 32: Motor Vehicles and Traffic - Section 32-7-13 - Courts to report nonpayment of judgments

Section 32-7-13 - Courts to report nonpayment of judgments.

Whenever any person fails within 60 days to satisfy any judgment, upon the written request of the judgment creditor or his or her attorney, it shall be the duty of the clerk of the court, or of the judge of a court which has no clerk in which any such judgment is rendered within this state, to forward to the director immediately after the expiration of the 60 days a certified copy of such judgment.

If the defendant named in any certified copy of a judgment reported to the director is a nonresident, the commissioner shall transmit a certified copy of the judgment to the official in charge of the issuance of licenses and registration certificates of the state of which the defendant is a resident.

(Acts 1951, No. 704, p. 1224, §12.)

Last modified: May 3, 2021