The following terms, whenever used or referred to in this chapter, shall have the following meanings, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
(1) CORPORATION. A corporation formed under this chapter.
(2) MUNICIPALITY. Any county, city or town of this state.
(3) PERSON or INHABITANT. Such term includes natural persons, firms, associations, corporations, business trusts, partnerships and bodies politic.
(4) ENERGY. Such term includes any and all electric energy no matter how generated or produced.
(5) SYSTEM. Such term includes any plant, works, system, facilities or properties, together with all parts thereof and appurtenances thereto, used or useful in the generation, production, transmission or distribution of energy.
(6) BONDS. Such term includes negotiable bonds, interim certificates or receipts, notes, debentures and all other evidences of indebtedness either issued or the payment thereof assumed by a corporation.
(7) LAW. Any act or statute, general, special or local of this state.
(8) FEDERAL AGENCY. Such term includes the United States of America, the President of the United States of America, the Administrator of General Services and any and all other authorities, agencies and instrumentalities of the United States of America heretofore or hereafter created.
(9) ACQUIRE. Such term includes construct, acquire by purchase, lease, devise, gift or the exercise of the right of eminent domain in the manner now or hereafter provided by law for the exercise thereof by the state, or other mode of acquisition.
(10) IMPROVE. Such term includes construct, reconstruct, improve, extend, enlarge, alter, better and repair.
(11) BOARD. The board of directors of a corporation formed under this chapter.
(12) MEMBER. Such term includes each natural person signing the certificate of incorporation of a corporation and each person admitted to membership therein pursuant to law or its bylaws.
(13) SERVICE. The sale or other disposition of energy at the lowest cost consistent with sound economy and the prudent management of the business of a corporation.
Last modified: May 3, 2021