(a) An insurer shall provide an appropriate reduction in the premium charged for a personal motor vehicle liability insurance policy when the principal operator of the motor vehicle covered by the insurance policy
(1) is 55 years of age or older;
(2) at renewal requests the insurer to provide the reduction;
(3) has had no chargeable accidents as set by established underwriting guidelines in use by the insurer or moving motor vehicle citations within three years preceding the request for the discount;
(4) provides the insurer with proof satisfactory to the director that the operator has within the three years before requesting the reduction taken and successfully completed a motor vehicle accident prevention course approved by the Department of Administration under AS 28.05.035 ; and
(5) did not take and complete the accident prevention course described in (4) of this subsection as a result of an order or sentence imposed by a court.
(b) An insurer may cancel a rate reduction provided under (a) of this section if during the policy period the principal operator of the insured motor vehicle is
(1) involved in an accident caused by the operator; or
(2) convicted of a moving traffic violation.
(c) The reduced rate provided for an operator under (a) of this section may not extend beyond three years after the last day of the operator's most recently successfully completed motor vehicle accident prevention course described in (a)(4) of this section.
(d) The director shall establish by regulation the manner in which insurers inform applicants and insureds of the rate reduction available under this section. An insurer shall inform applicants and insureds as required by this subsection.Section: Previous 21.96.010 21.96.015 21.96.020 21.96.025 21.96.027 21.96.030 21.96.035 21.96.050 21.96.060 21.96.070 21.96.075 21.96.080 21.96.090 21.96.100 21.96.110 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016