In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Beef cattle" means cattle or calves grown primarily for meat production.
2. " Feed lot" means either of the following:
(a) A beef cattle feed lot, or feed yard, having more than five hundred head of beef cattle at one time during the licensed year.
(b) Any other beef cattle feed lot whose operator elects to come under this article.
3. " Feed yard feeding" means the feeding of beef cattle in lots or pens which are not used normally for raising crops and in which no vegetation, intended for livestock feed, is growing.
4. " Operator" means the owner or the person having charge or control of a feed lot.
5. " Person" means an individual, a corporation, a group of individuals, joint venturers, a partnership, or any other business entity.Section: Previous 3-1423 3-1424 3-1425 3-1426 3-1427 3-1428 3-1429 3-1451 3-1452 3-1453 3-1454 3-1455 3-1456 3-1457 3-1481 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016