(L15, Ch. 244, sec. 2. Eff. 7/1/16)
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Area A" has the same meaning prescribed in section 49-541.
2. " Area B" has the same meaning prescribed in section 49-541.
3. " Area C" means that portion of Pinal county lying west of range 11 east, excluding that portion of the county lying within area A as defined in section 49-541 and that portion of the county within the jurisdiction of any Indian tribe, band, group or community that is recognized by the United States secretary of the interior and that exercises governmental authority within the limits of any Indian reservation under the jurisdiction of the United States government, notwithstanding the issuance of any patent and including rights-of-way running through the reservation.
4. " Fleet owner" means a registered owner or lessee of at least twenty-five vehicles.
5. " Gasoline" means a volatile, highly flammable liquid mixture of hydrocarbons that does not contain more than five one-hundredths grams of lead for each United States gallon, that is produced, refined, manufactured, blended, distilled or compounded from petroleum, natural gas, oil, shale oils or coal and other flammable liquids free from undissolved water, sediment or suspended matter, with or without additives, and that is commonly used as a fuel for spark ignition internal combustion engines. Gasoline does not include diesel fuel or the ethanol blend E85 as defined in ASTM D5798-99.
6. " Manufacturer's proving ground" means a facility whose sole purpose is to develop complete advanced vehicles for an automotive manufacturer.
7. " Motor vehicle racing event" means a race that uses unlicensed vehicles that are designed and manufactured specifically for racing purposes and that is conducted on a public or private racecourse for the entertainment of the general public. A motor vehicle racing event includes practice, qualifying and demonstration laps conducted as part of the activities related to a motor vehicle race.
8. " Oxygenate" means any oxygen-containing ashless, organic compound, including aliphatic alcohols and aliphatic ethers, that may be used as a fuel or as a gasoline blending component and that is approved as a blending agent under the provisions of a waiver issued by the United States environmental protection agency pursuant to 42 United States Code section 7545(f).
9. " Oxygenated fuel" means an unleaded motor fuel blend that consists primarily of gasoline and at least one and one-half per cent by weight of one or more oxygenates and that has been blended consistent with the provisions of a waiver issued by the United States environmental protection agency pursuant to 42 United States Code section 7545(f).
10. " Product transfer document" means any bill of lading, loading ticket, manifest, delivery receipt, invoice or other documentation used on any occasion when a person transfers custody or title of motor fuel other than when motor fuel is sold or dispensed at a service station or fleet vehicle fueling facility.
11. " Supplier" means any person who imports gasoline into a vehicle emissions control area by means of a pipeline or in truckload quantities for the person's own use within the vehicle emissions control area or any person who sells gasoline intended for ultimate consumption within a vehicle emissions control area, except that supplier does not mean a person with respect to gasoline supplied or sold by the person to another for resale to a retailer within a vehicle emissions control area or to a fleet owner for consumption within a vehicle emissions control area.
12. " Vehicle emissions control area" has the same meaning prescribed in section 49-541, except that such an area does not include a manufacturer's proving ground that is located in the vehicle emissions control area.Section: Previous 3-3454 3-3471 3-3472 3-3473 3-3474 3-3475 3-3476 3-3491 3-3492 3-3493 3-3494 3-3495 3-3496 3-3497 3-3498 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016