3-527.01. Citrus, fruit and vegetable advisory council; membership; terms; vacancy; compensation
A. The citrus, fruit and vegetable advisory council is established consisting of members appointed by the governor as follows:
1. One citrus producer.
2. One apple, grape or tree fruit producer.
3. One iceberg lettuce producer from Yuma county.
4. Four fruit or vegetable producers, excluding producers exclusively engaged in growing citrus, apples, grapes or tree fruit, including one fruit or vegetable producer from Maricopa, Pinal or Pima county and one from Yuma or La Paz county.
B. The governor may consult with any recognized citrus, fruit and vegetable growers and shipper organizations in this state in making appointments to the council.
C. The term of office of each council member is three years and shall begin on January 1 and end on December 31 of the appropriate year. On the expiration of a term of a member or in the event of a vacancy, a successor shall be appointed by the governor.
D. The office of any member is deemed vacant and the governor shall appoint a person to fill the remainder of the term under any of the following circumstances:
1. The member is no longer a producer.
2. The member is unable to perform the duties on the council.
3. The member has become a resident of another state.
4. The absence of the member from four consecutive council meetings if the absences have not been excused by the council.
E. Members of the council are not eligible to receive compensation but are eligible for reimbursement of expenses pursuant to title 38, chapter 4, article 2.Section: Previous 3-526.03 3-526.04 3-526.05 3-526.06 3-526.07 3-526.08 3-527 3-527.01 3-527.02 3-527.03 3-527.04 3-561 3-562 3-563 3-581 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016