In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Council" means the Arizona grain research and promotion council.
2. " First buyer" means a person, partnership, corporation or cooperative that purchases grain from a producer in the first instance or a public or private lienholder, secured party or pledgee, or assignee of the lienholder, secured party or pledgee, who gains title to the grain from the grower as a result of exercising any legal rights by the lienholder, secured party, pledgee or assignee regardless of when the lien, security interest or pledge was created. First buyer also includes a public or private person who acquires a lien or security interest or receives a pledge of the grain after the grain is harvested.
3. " Grain" means the seed of barley and wheat of all classes produced for use as food, feed or seed or produced for any industrial or commercial use.
4. " Marketing year" means a one year period from February 1 through January 31 of the following calendar year.
5. " Producer" means a person, partnership, corporation or cooperative in this state that produces and sells grain in commercial channels. In the case of a partnership, each partner who regularly receives a portion of the gross receipts directly from the buyer is considered a producer.Section: Previous 3-527.01 3-527.02 3-527.03 3-527.04 3-561 3-562 3-563 3-581 3-582 3-584 3-585 3-586 3-587 3-588 3-589 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016