3-527.02. Powers and duties of the council
A. The council shall:
1. Annually elect a chairman and vice-chairman from among its members.
2. Meet at least once each calendar quarter and at such additional times as called by the chairman or if requested by four or more members of the council.
3. Keep a permanent record of its proceedings and make these records available for public inspection for any lawful purpose.
B. The council shall be advisory to the supervisor of standardization and the director on all matters pertaining to articles 2 and 4 of this chapter including the following:
1. Review all statutes and rules relating to articles 2 and 4 of this chapter.
2. Make recommendations concerning inspection services, inspection procedures and training concerning articles 2 and 4 of this chapter.
3. Make recommendations concerning amendments to existing statutes relating to articles 2 and 4 of this chapter.
4. Review all proposed changes in statutes relating to articles 2 and 4 of this chapter which the department recommends to the legislature.
5. Make recommendations concerning additions, modifications or repeals of rules relating to articles 2 and 4 of this chapter.
6. Review all additions, modifications or repeals of rules relating to articles 2 and 4 of this chapter proposed to be adopted by the director.
7. Make recommendations concerning the annual budget and fees necessary to provide procedures and services relating to articles 2 and 4 of this chapter.
8. Review procedures and make recommendations regarding enforcement actions under article 2 or 4 of this chapter.
9. Recommend any other items that the council deems to be appropriate for furthering the purposes of article 2 or 4 of this chapter.
C. If the council makes any recommendations pursuant to subsection B, the supervisor of standardization or the director, as appropriate, shall accept the recommendations if they are found to be practicable and in the interests of the citrus, fruit and vegetable industry. The supervisor or director, as appropriate, shall provide the council with a written statement of the actions taken on the recommendations of the council within twenty working days.
D. Recommendations made pursuant to subsection B, paragraph 2 shall not include actions relating to individual inspection personnel.Section: Previous 3-526.04 3-526.05 3-526.06 3-526.07 3-526.08 3-527 3-527.01 3-527.02 3-527.03 3-527.04 3-561 3-562 3-563 3-581 3-582 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016