Arkansas Code § 11-7-303 - Map or Plan of Mine

(a) (1) The owner, agent, or operator of each and every coal mine in this state shall make, or cause to be made, an accurate and correct map or plan of the entire workings of the mine and every vein or deposit thereof showing the general inclination of the strata, together with any material deflections in the workings and the boundary lines of the area belonging to the mine, and deposit a true copy of the map or plan with the clerk of the county court of the county wherein the mine or any part thereof may be located.

(2) The map or plan shall be so deposited during the period from January 1 to June 1 of each and every year, and the owner, agent, or operator shall furnish the clerk and State Mine Inspector with a sworn statement and further map or plan of the progress of the workings of the mine from the date of the last survey reported up to the making of same, and the mine inspector shall correct his or her map or plan in accordance therewith.

(3) When any mine is worked out or abandoned, that fact shall be reported to the mine inspector without delay, and the map or plan in the office of the clerk aforesaid shall be corrected and verified to conform to the facts then existing.

(4) All mine maps or plans must show the location of doors, overcast or air bridges, and the direction that all air currents are traveling shall be indicated by arrows.

(5) The clerk of the county court of the county in which mines are located shall file and safely keep all maps or plans of any mine, deposited in his or her office, and they shall be recorded as maps and plans of town sites are now recorded.

(b) The mine inspector shall send maps and plans of mines in his or her possession to the Secretary of State for safekeeping at the end of every two (2) years, during the month of July. The mine maps and plans shall be kept in a vault for this special purpose for the guidance of anyone interested therein.

(c) (1) The owner, agent, or operator of any mine neglecting, failing, or refusing to furnish the mine inspector and county clerk a statement, map, or plan or addition thereto at the time and in the manner provided in subsection (a) of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction shall be fined in any sum not less than one hundred dollars ($100), nor more than five hundred dollars ($500).

(2) Each day that the neglect, failure, or refusal continues shall constitute a separate offense.

(3) This penalty shall be in addition to the rights conferred upon the mine inspector by law to have the maps or plans made at the expense of the owner, agent, or operator.

(d) Whenever the owner, agent, or operator of any mine shall neglect, fail, or refuse to furnish the mine inspector and clerk, as provided in subsection (a) of this section, with a statement, map, or plan or additions thereto, at the time and in the manner therein provided, the mine inspector is authorized to cause an accurate map or plan of the workings of the mine to be made at the expense of the owner, agent, or operator, and the cost thereof may be recovered by the mine inspector from the owner, agent, or operator.

Section: Previous  11-7-302  11-7-303  11-7-304  11-7-305  11-7-306  11-7-307  11-7-308  11-7-309  11-7-310  11-7-311  11-7-312  11-7-313  11-7-314  11-7-315  Next

Last modified: November 15, 2016