88.70111 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Application” means a request under the convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) “Central authority” means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in s. 88.1011(5)(d) to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(3) “Convention support order” means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in s. 88.1011(5)(d).
(4) “Direct request” means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor, or child residing outside the United States.
(5) “Foreign central authority” means the entity designated by a foreign country described in s. 88.1011(5)(d) to perform the functions specified in the convention.
(6) “Foreign support agreement”:
(a) Means an agreement for support in a record that:
1. Is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin;
2. Has been:
a. Formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal; or
b. Authenticated by or concluded, registered, or filed with a foreign tribunal; and
3. May be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal; and
(b) Includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the convention.
(7) “United States central authority” means the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
History.—s. 59, ch. 2011-92.Section: 88.70111 88.7021 88.7031 88.7041 88.7051 88.7061 88.7071 88.7081 88.7091 88.7101 88.7111 88.7121 88.7131 Next
Last modified: September 23, 2016