88.7071 Contest of registered convention support order.—
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this part, ss. 88.6051-88.6081 apply to a contest of a registered convention support order.
(2) A party contesting a registered convention support order shall file a contest not later than 30 days after notice of the registration, but if the contesting party does not reside in the United States, the contest must be filed not later than 60 days after notice of the registration.
(3) If the nonregistering party fails to contest the registered convention support order by the time specified in subsection (2), the order is enforceable.
(4) A contest of a registered convention support order may be based only on grounds set forth in s. 88.7081. The contesting party bears the burden of proof.
(5) In a contest of a registered convention support order, a tribunal of this state:
(a) Is bound by the findings of fact on which the foreign tribunal based its jurisdiction; and
(b) May not review the merits of the order.
(6) A tribunal of this state deciding a contest of a registered convention support order shall promptly notify the parties of its decision.
(7) A challenge or appeal, if any, does not stay the enforcement of a convention support order unless there are exceptional circumstances.
History.—s. 65, ch. 2011-92.Section: Previous 88.70111 88.7021 88.7031 88.7041 88.7051 88.7061 88.7071 88.7081 88.7091 88.7101 88.7111 88.7121 88.7131 Next
Last modified: September 23, 2016